Thursday, December 11, 2008

Finals

I'm almost done with Finals and I am so incredibly ready for this semester to be over with. All in one semester I was insulted by a teacher, forced to agree with a teacher when I strongly disagree, required to put in 50 hours in a classroom on top of my full time job, and just recently told my final report would not be accepted because standardized testing is not a controversial topic in education.

Of coarse, "Everyone knows that standardized testing is great because it cost effective and gives an accurate depiction of what the students have learned." says my English professor.

Didn't you all know that???
My mistake, I'm sorry for the misunderstanding.

2 comments:

Jaime said...

ouch. I think you're wonderful. But I also like standardize testing. I guess we should end our relationship now.

Janet said...

OMG! Standardized testing is a HUGE issue in public education! WTF?

The UC system is thinking about not using parts of the SAT!!! Some elite schools talk about not using them as a factor as all!!!

And what about all the lawsuits with the high school exit exam????